BTR-80 8×8 Russian Army1:35 Army vehicles -
2013 Jul 9
BTR-80 8×8 Russian Army - Trumpeter
The BTR-80 8 x 8 armored personnel carrier is intended to carry personnel on the battlefield and provide close fire support. It can also carry out reconnaissance, combat support and patrol missions. It entered service with the Russian army in the late 1980′s and has since been used in a number of military conflicts, including UN peacekeeping operations. The vehicle is in production and in service with the Russian army and with a number of other countries.
The BTR-80 is superior to BTR-60/70 with a larger chassis, high-angle-of- fire turret, and single more powerful diesel engine (vs gasoline). Aalthough the armament is same as BTR-60 and BTR-70, except for added smoke grenade dispensers on the back of the turret, the conical turret has been improved and the gun can elevate higher. The front and side firing ports have been greatly improved (square/inset, angled slightly forward. The BTR-80 also fixed the side entrance problems found in BTR-60 & BTR-70. Now the entrance consists of a two part door (upper and lower parts which open outwards). It’s now big enough to load/unload cargo.
More Features The kit consists of over 520 parts
>the kit w/refined detail
>multi-slide moulded lower hull , upper hull
>The main tires are hollow rubber with very good tread pattern
>The photo-etched fret included
- Russian Army to create Cyber Command (english.pravda.ru)
- Russia going to arm Turkey with newest military arsenal (rbth.ru)
- Russia eyes new markets for arms export, India still number 1 importer (indrus.in)
- Tunisian Salafi Cleric Kamal Zarrouk: ‘France will become Islamic in 2025, and Germany in 2017. 50% of the Russian army are Muslims.’ (themuslimissue.wordpress.com)
- India is still Russian arms importer Number One (rbth.asia)
- Just a little BTR (crazedauthor.wordpress.com)