TANKART Vol. 3 – Modern ArmorMilitary Books -
2013 Feb 20
TANKART Vol. 3 – Modern Armor - Rinaldi Studio
TANK ART Volume 3, A Comprehensive Guide to Painting & Weathering Modern Armor
There are many “how-to” books in today’s world of scale modeling, but none has covered the “why’s”, as well as, the “how-to’s”… an artistic approach… until now. In TANKART, a painting and weathering guide book series, the focus is on taking real-life observations of paint and weathering effects and incorporate the best techniques to replicate them. Within this 3rd volume, Modern Armor, I will go deeper into my thoughts about why of certain steps as it relates to modern camo schemes. Combined with my education in design, my passion for learning & teaching, and great photography, I have strived to produced a book which focuses on the importance of telling the story of each vehicle. To bring these ideas to life requires a spectrum of processes and techniques which are covered in great detail; including the Hairspray Technique and my new Oil Paint Rendering – techniques that can be combined in an layered array to tell the story of each model.
The book is 8.5wx9.5l” format, 192 pages. There are 6 models featured inside, included 2 how-to chapters on techniques that go into detail to further assist you in learning and achieving success with them.
Product Code: TA03
- TANKART Vol. 2 WWII Allied Armor (afv-news.com)
- The Weathering Magazine ‘chipping’ (afv-news.com)
- Armored Core: Verdict Day announced for September launch (vg247.com)
- The Weathering Magazine (modelkithangar.com)
- Re: Scale modeling (libertycaucus.net)
- Review – Rust Vol. 1 Visitor In the Field and Rust Vol. 2 Secrets of the Cell (graphicpolicy.com)