Military WomenGovernment contracting News -
2011 Dec 4
Women in the military have certainly risen up to the ranks. The role of women is indispensable in every aspect of the military; successful servicewomen dot every arm of the military making military women a vital resource. If you wish to be a part of the military and you think that being a woman may be a hindrance to your career, here are some facts that you can consider on your application:
- Military women have been acclaimed all throughout the world with equal opportunities to reach their full potential in military service.
- Being in the military is contributing to the nation as an individual regardless of gender, race or creed.
- Camaraderie is unequalled among women in military service. Enjoy lifelong friendships and sisterhood while on duty; you will never find a more fulfilling environment than in the military.
- There are veteran military women who have had active roles in the different arms of the military. You can read their amazing stories and their accounts of bravery online.
- Aside from active service, military women can also pursue their chosen field of study during their service or when they retire. Enjoy education benefits, free applications and reduced tuition fees depending on the state or university. Look for the many options that await you when you join the military today.
- Becoming a military womanenhances your full potential, find out what many women have to say when you check out great online resource about life in military service as a woman.
If you want to find out what military women love about life and service in the military, then find their amazing accounts of courage, honor and of course everything there is to know about being a women in an industry built and run by men in online military sites. A great site to visit is http://militarywoman.org/ where you can learn their views and the stereotypes about military women all around the world as well.
- ‘Soldiers’ Stories’ Delves Into the Notion of Heroines First, but Women Always (Review) (popmatters.com)
- New Role for Female Soldiers (socyberty.com)
- MoD needs to put women in senior positions, says top civil servant (guardian.co.uk)
- Women in War (ibtimes.com)